Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Return Seat to Upright Position


The freezing weather continues north of the 49th and the Toro soldiers on. It does not mean all is perfect. To do list for slightly warmer weather, say like -10 degrees, is to replace the anemic aftermarket horns with some proper GM blasters. Also the driver’s power seat seems very sluggish in the cold.

The passenger seat is always happy to oblige, perhaps the grease in the drive cables is hardened or the motor may be on its last legs. As I now regularly transport two children to school, functional power seats are a necessity. With the driver’s seat all the way back (how I like it) the rear seat leg room is less than adequate for your average kindergartner or hobbit.

Morning ritual is power seat forward until my chest is pressing against steering wheel, once children delivered to place of indoctrination, seat goes back…so I should make sure I fix before it sticks in the crushed against the dash board position. Actually you can get four adults in the Toronado relatively comfortably, while my experience of modern BMW 6 series and Jaguar XJ’s is that the back seat is for show purposes only.

I will now enjoy the drive home, seat in the fully extended and lowered position.

No comments:

Post a Comment