Thursday, January 7, 2010

Twilight Time


The Toronado is vexing me today with the failure of its dash and driving lights, a problem I had before but which had mysteriously corrected itself.

Spent my lunch under the dash of the Toro, no fuses blown. The light switch will not override the sentinel, headlights and hi-beams function as does stop, turn signal and back up lights.

I located the sentinel control box by feel but cannot see where to disconnect (hidden by lower dash cover) lots of work to remove. As a temp fix I ran a wire from the headlight switch feed to the rear harness and sentinel to the fuse box, this gives me driving lights when the ignition is on.

Better spend some more quality time with the 78 Olds shop manual and wiring diagram this evening.

Obligatory Toronado beauty shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment