Monday, January 4, 2010

This Ain't a Drag Strip


It is hard to be a car guy (or gal) in this weather and I was suffering withdrawal symptoms. So I decided that darn the sub zero weather I am going to change the oil in the Jaguar, I had been putting this job off for some time as you have to crawl right under the car to remove the filter. The car has to be jacked up very high as it sits so low (a Ford Cortina once fell on my father…he survived). Well if you can’t cheat death on the first day of the new year, heck what is the point. Made sure the hydraulic jack was supported by two jack stands and had the oil change done in no time. Longest part was pouring in the cold synthetic 10w30. Quick couple of test laps around the neighborhood, finally annoyed the neighbors after 12 years of car shenanigans, “turn that thing off before I call the cops, this ain't a drag strip!” I guess someone had too much to drink the night before ;)
If you took the picture today the Jag would be buried in snow!
Full disclosure, the above XJS has an LT1 and is kinda loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment