Monday, August 16, 2010

Can’t Go Back to Memphis




As it is August 16, it would be appropriate for an Elvis post. I do remember the day he died. I was still a kid and not yet a fan but I knew that something important had transpired. I saw the funeral on TV in England. I was just starting to get interested in cars (especially) Cadillacs and music so naturally Elvis and I would be spending a lot of time together in the future.

A few years ago I attended the first ever Stutz (the seventies ones) meet in Memphis where we were allowed to drive our cars through the gates of Graceland and park right in front of the big house. Considering the last photo ever of Elvis is of him driving his Stutz Blackhawk through the music gates it was an amazing experience.

I have since sold my 76 Blackhawk and am restoring an even rarer 71 Blackhawk, just like Elvis first Stutz.

Check out my photos at Peter’s Madle’s (the dean of Stutz) great site, careful you could spend all day there, or develop an incurable desire to own one….it has happened before.

http://www.madle.org/

http://www.madle.org/epicadrian.htm

PS. Title of the post is a song on a rather forgotten Stray Cats album; see the photo from my last post for the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment