Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back

No I didn't go missing in Detroit....great show by the way. I even wrote an article on the Autorama for the magazine World of Wheels, gotta find out if it has gone to print yet.

Despite my absence from the blog, I have been busy in the driveway. The 76 Lincoln became a daily driver for almost two weeks until I could not stand the annoying OEM radio and vacuum leaks from the headlight system.
I did manage to rebuild the passenger side power window motor successfully and even made my own aluminium 'barrels". See link to see what I am talking about.


If you have a seventies or even eighties Ford product with power windows you will immediately know what I am on about.

The dash is currently apart awaiting locating replacement original radio and auto dimmer head light switch. I managed to correct most of the leaks but the head light doors still only stay down for about 45 min. Shop manual says they should last 18 hours...like my 72 Mark IV but that is a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment