Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Oil Change







Both the Toronado XS and the latest addition to my GM heavy fleet, a 1975 Cadillac Eldorado, had oil changes yesterday. Castrol 10W30 for the Toro, it is what I have run in her since I became her caretaker. The Eldorado received a mixture of diesel 15W40 and Castrol 10W30. My friend Mike swears by the 15W40 for older engines, so I will give it a try.

In the you learn something everyday category, the 500 cubic inch Eldorado engine (8.2 liters for you Euro guys and gals) has two drain plugs. It pays to get put and under your cars on a regular basis.

I bought the Eldorado as a backup for the Toro as I was so impressed by the performance and craftsmanship of these big FWD cars. The Eldorado is scheduled for a photo shoot for Classic American in the spring and hopefully I will post scans of the Toronado photo shoot for the same magazine from last winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment